Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update August 2008: Time and Money

I sold the Desoto a couple weeks ago. Nothing really became of it while I had it. I know you hear it all the time, but there just wasn't enough time or money to be had for two projects. It's gone to a good home, though. Hopefully I can update here someday with some of the new owner's progress. Putting my time and hard earned money back in my Dodge will definitely be for the better, I'm sure.

I've got a vintage, circa late 60's early 70's, Edelbrock Torquemaster intake that's going in it soon. Saving up for my Carb right now. I can't wait. Starting next month I really want to buckle down and get the body work started. I've got a lot of holes to fill and dents to pull. I've been thinking real hard on what color I want to paint it when the time comes, but everyday I think of something new. Light or dark? Who knows. I'm probably not going to know until that day comes. I guess it's going to be as much of a surprise to you as it is to me. I really want to put some fat whitewalls on it eventually, too. I know that's going to make it look 100% better. BUT as they say... time and money, that's all it takes.

For now, though, I'll continue to drive it everyday to work and down to the beach at night. Drive it on my daily errands or just cruise it around town. I'll tell you, there is absolutely nothing better than driving an old hot rod daily. Nothing.















Two Years

Well, it's a few weeks short of two years since my last update. A little has changed since then. Put a lot of miles on the road. Was my ...